Our Mission Statement:
Fount of Life is united in faith by the word of God. We proclaim the Gospel to gather souls, nurture believers and encourage Christian Living. We are a growing congregation of families dedicated to the Lord's service.
Our church is a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS), a church body of close to 400,000 people in over 1100 congregations throughout the 50 states and in 26 countries around the world.
- We believe that the Bible is God's Word, verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, and true from beginning to end.
- We believe that God is triune, that is, he is three separate Persons, but one undivided Godhead.
- We believe that Jesus Christ lived a perfect life in our place, and died a perfect death for the sins of the whole world.
- We believe that salvation is found only through faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit works faith and forgiveness through the Word as well as through the Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion.
For more information about the WELS and its beliefs, check out out the web page: www.wels.net.
About Our Pastor
Pastor Brent Merten is a 1985 graduate of Northwestern College, Watertown, Wisconsin, where he received training in Greek and Hebrew. In 1989, Pastor Merten received his Master of Divinity from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary in Mequon, Wisconsin. Prior to graduating from the seminary, he served a one-year internship at Zion Lutheran Church in Denver.
From 1989 to 1996, Pastor Merten served as associate pastor at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Algoma, Wisconsin. In 1996, he was called by the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod to plant a church in Eagle, Colorado, where he spent the next 20 years. In August, 2016, Pastor Merten accepted the call to Fount of Life.
Pastor Merten has been married to Jane since 1989. They have two grown children, Matthew and Anna, as well as a son-in-law, Cole, and a grandson, William. He is excited to serve Fount of Life and the Colorado Springs community with the good news of Jesus Christ.